Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Running

I've decided to start keeping a blog about running. The reason is because I've recently started running and have experiences a lot of up's and down's. Mostly down's, but I'm determined to stick with it. Eric got me a Nike sensor for my Ipod back in December. It come with a little chip that goes in your shoe and a receiver that plugs into your Ipod. It then records the distance you run, the calories you burn, and an average pace. It is a very cool and motivating thing to have. It links you to the Nike website and allows you to track progress.

So, back in December I started a run/walk program. This was great because I was on winter break and really didn't have much going on. I felt like I progressed fairly well and was able to run a mile without stopping for the first time in my life. I was feeling fairly positive about this running business. From the beginning I was excited about the idea of participating in the Boulder Marathon in September.

Then school started. It has been very difficult to continue running three or four times a week, climb, work, go to school and do clinicals. I've been able to run once a week. Sometimes twice for the last few weeks. Time is a major issue, as is energy. I figure keeping a blog when I'm frustrated or feeling particularly good might help my motivation. So this will be my first entry. The following will be training reports.

No comments: